Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Exploring the Tarot: The Fool

I know I said I would start doing this a while ago, I've just been busy and/or lazy -yes, I will admit to it. But today I am sitting in my mom's apartment, stuck inside to avoid the crappy weather, and since I happen to have my deck on me (I bring it everywhere actually) I figured now was a good a time as ever. 


The Fool
Keywords: Change, New Beginnings, Optimism, Adventure

The Fool is often recognized as the first card of the major arcana and usually depicts the image of a carefree and happy-looking young man who is about to walk off a cliff of some sort. Depending on the deck there may be a type of animal in the picture as well trying to warn the young man of the cliff he is approaching. In the Sharman-Caselli deck (the one I use for those of you who haven't seen my previous tarot post) this animal happens to be a dog. The dog is a representation of natural human doubts.

To me, The Fool card represents optimism in a time where change is necessary. It signifies new beginnings and experiences, and although we may have our doubts to how well the whole situation is going to work out, we ultimately believe things will be in our favour. It is a risk-taking card -others may see it as taking foolish action but the young man knows that it is the start of a new adventure to be embraced and approached with enthusiasm and positive energy. 

When this card appears in a spread it signals a change in your life that is not traditional. When other people have taken risks like this you may have seen them as being naive and foolish, but now the time has come to face your own precipice. Your life is at an ideal point for change and adventure, don't shy away from it; meet the situation head on and make it work to your advantage. You won't be sorry for it.

Lady Unlaced

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10