Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pancakes, Hair Dye and Wine

Those are some of the ingredients to having a wonderful evening with your best friend, which is exactly what I did last night. My bestie was not feeling great yesterday so we spent the night doing awesome things like making banana pancakes, dyeing our hair, watching The Vampire Diaries (I'm making my way through season one) and drinking the last bit of Cabarnet Sauvignon that was in the fridge. 

Needless to say it was a good night and now I am blonder than ever and Sue has a nice layer of dark purple hair that looks awesome. And of course the tub and her hands are now tinted to match.

When you're having a bad day, being with your best friend really is the best medicine. Sooo, if you need some girl time, here are some awesome ideas on how to spend your night with your bestie(s) -sorry male readers, I'm not actually sure what you guys do for fun, haha.

Dye your hair
That's what we did and it was a lot of fun. Changing up your appearance and doing something new and funky will usually lighten your mood, or at least it always has for me. I have been constantly changing my hair colour, cut and style since I was about 13 and it's very therapeutic. 


Food!
Screw the diet, indulge yourself! Make pancakes with all the fixings or brownies or a massive plate of nachos. Drink a few extra glasses of wine, spike your hot cocoa, let yourself let go a little bit. Unless you're underage, in which case stick to the baking!


DVDs or Netflix
Watch something you particularly enjoy or something that you haven't seen yet but hear good things about. I always like a good vampire movie, but that's just me, everyone has their thing. I also really enjoy a good stand up act and highly recommend Eddie Izzard, Dylan Moran or Russell Brand for a night of laughs.


Dance/DDR
Dancing around like a crazy person is always a great way to feel better! I do it all the time, especially when I'm with my close friends. Just blast some upbeat music and let loose like you wouldn't dare in front of strangers. Or maybe you would, who knows, but just have fun! Or if you have DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) play that. It's a great way to let off steam and gets your body moving. Plus the music is great.


Cats
If you have a cat or cats, play with them. This works with any animal actually. Pets are great because they love you no matter what and just laying around, scratching your feline behind the ears or teasing them with a laser pointer can take your mind off other things and lighten your heart up a bit. You can do this with or without your best friend, but it's a good way to kill time while waiting for the dye to sit or brownies to finish baking. 

Have an awesome night in, you deserve it :)

Lady Unlaced



09 10