Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

To all my U.S. readers, I want to wish you all a lovely Thanksgiving, I hope you are getting the chance to spend the day with your families and stuff your face with food! I will spending the day with my mother and her boyfriend, eating food, drinking wine and who knows what else. It'll be a small holiday for us but it's nice to with my mom. I don't get to see her that often and I don't live with her, so when I go home for vacations I don't even get to see her much then. So I'm enjoying the quality time.

And because it's Thanksgiving today, you all know what that means about tomorrow. Yep, tomorrow is Black Friday, almost a holiday unto itself. It's a day where everything goes on sale, people get up at the crack of dawn (or before), race to the stores, push people out of the way, and give stores all their money. Doesn't that sound like fun?

I have personally never gone out shopping on a Black Friday and this year will be no different. I don't get up that early and I don't like having a ton of people constantly surrounding me like that. Plus, I am not keen on giving up all my money to a ton of department stores because everything is "on sale." This year I am hoping to do most of my holiday shopping at thrift stores (because my friends are awesome and love second hand gems), etsy, and the like. Maybe I'll go into a department store if I need something in particular, but I want to try to keep it small. 

Anyways, I hope you all have a good day and eat lots of mashed potatoes and pie (and turkey for you meat eaters) and don't forget to give thanks for all the wonderful things in your life!

I am thankful for: my friends, my family, my boyfriend, school, books, coffee, tea, cats, and Harry Potter!

Lady Unlaced

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10