So awhile back I made this delicious lavender and chamomile bread for a full moon celebration. I have been meaning to share it but I kept forgetting. It's very flowery and sweet, and absolutely perfect for the springtime. I made it for a full moon rite, but this would be great to serve at (tea!) parties or just to share with friends when you visit. Or you can make a loaf and keep it all to yourself, I won't judge, haha.
|As always, don't mind the bad quality. It's a phone picture that I cleaned up a bit in photoshop, but|
there's only so much I can do.
3/4 cup milk (I used soy milk)
3 tbsp chopped lavender & chamomile buds (I got my chamomile from a teabag. Do what you've got to do! also feel free to mess around with this measurement for whatever you want to be stronger)
6 tbsp softened butter (margarine works fine)
1 cup sugar (I used slightly less than that but 1 cup sounds better)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat your oven to 325 and grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
2. Combine your milk and flowers in a saucepan over medium heat and bring it to a simmer. Once it's simmering, remove from the heat and let it cool while you move on to step 3.
3. Cream together the sugar and butter until smooth. Then beat in your eggs.
4. Combine your dry ingredients and add to the butter-sugar-egg mixture. Slowly pour your milk and flowers to the mixture and then mix until completely blended.
5. Pour into your pan and pop it in the oven!
This takes about 50 minutes to bake all the way through so it's a bit of a wait, but totally worth it, I promise.
note: for a sweeter treat, sprinkle some sugar on top before putting in the oven.
Let me know if any of you give it a try! I'd love to know how it turned out for you.
P.S. Still sick. I thought I was getting better, but the sore throat is creeping back up. I don't know what is up with this, but neither me or my boyfriend are impressed. We're both going on being sick for 2 weeks. It's not a horrendous sickness, but enough to slow us down and leave us coughing 24/7. I hope you guys are in better shape than me!