Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Book Recommendations Part 6

I think it's about time for some more book recommendations, don't you? Because as you all know, I love to read and I love sharing my favourites with others so that we can all suffer together at the hands of a stack of paper. I mean, because I want you all to have a pleasant reading experience. Yeah, that one.

So here are two more YA lit books, both at the beginnings of series, that I think some of you might enjoy.

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
11235712

This book is the first in The Lunar Chronicles and is probably some of the best re-invented fairytale lit I have ever read. I'd heard a lot about this series long before I picked up Cinder and I had been keeping it in the back of my head. Finally, a few months ago, I decided to give it a go and I was sucked in immediately. Meyer's world-building is superb and her characters are interesting and exciting.

Summary: Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future. (via goodreads)


Graceling by Kristin Cashore
3236307

Graceling is the first in the Graceling Realm books, which is a YA fantasy series. This is another great example of excellent world building and truly fantastic characters. I got really into the story and incredibly attached to the main character, Katsa, as well as Po. I actually just finished the last book in this series a week or so ago and was so upset when it was over. It's one o those worlds I wish I could stay in longer.

Summary: Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight - she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug. When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change. She never expects to become Po's friend. She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace - or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away. (via goodreads)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10