Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wednesday Words


I forgot to share words last week, which was silly because I actually have been writing a decent amount. Not as much as I would like to be (I ought to give myself a daily word count minimum) but I have put words to paper! Or, err, to a word document on my computer.

from The Night Coven...
Every time I'd been to Dorian's before the house had been quiet -a large peaceful sanctuary filled with soft light and the smell of incense and baked goods. 
It was nothing like that now. With his mothers gone it was loud and Dorian had strobe lights that flashed through the windows like lightning. The music wasn't anything I had ever heard before. Piper listened to a lot of club-style music, electronic stuff with pop lyrics and dubstep. This was darker -the kind of music that made you shiver and moved under your skin.
from Drunk Dial (a teen wolf fanfic)...
"You're not, you're not... who are you? No, you're Derek, I knew that. Right. Yeah, okay. How'r you? Did you want somethin?"  
Derek blinked. "Stiles you called me." 
"I did? Oh look at that, I did. Wait, no, I called Scott. Are you sure you're not Scott?" 
Derek rolled his eyes even though Stiles couldn’t see it. Stiles had that effect on him. "How much have you had to drink?" 
"Not... not, I mean some... a lot. A whole bag" he replied. 
Derek blinked. “I… a bag of what?” 
“Dicks.”  
“A bag of dicks?” 
“What the fuck are you talking about dicks for Derek?” Stiles asked, which was followed by a bout of drunken giggling. Derek huffed. 
“Was there a reason for this call?”

And there you have it, things I have been writing. I have been writing a lot of fanfic. And as you can see from that excerpt above, some of it is fairly ridiculous. No shame.

x

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and perfect setting description! Strobes lights like lightning and music that gets under your skin. This is gorgeous and glorious and I'm so proud of you for writing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10