Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

(Belated) Wordy Wednesday #2!

I realize that it's Thursday which is when I usually do my "Thoughtful Thursday" but I meant to update yesterday with a piece of writing and I just didn't get to it. It's the end of the semester which mean I'm pretty busy a lot of the time. Unfortunately, I am also crazy-inspired to write my novel as well. Which any other time I would be thrilled about, but now is not the time! I have papers to write and finals to study for! Ah!

But, without further ado, here is a piece of the novel I am currently working on!

Thoughts of the party I was supposed to be attending fled my mind as I hurried back to my apartment. There was no way in hell I wasn’t reporting them to the shifter council. If Sam was free they needed to know. He had been sentenced to a life’s imprisonment and I cursed the council, yet again, for not sentencing the bastard to death. Mostly I’m against killing people, but for him I didn’t feel any pity. I’d probably pull the trigger on him myself if I thought I could get away with it.
            I shoved my key into the lock only to find the door already unlocked. I had definitely not left it that way when I left earlier, I never did. I pushed the door open. The apartment wasn’t trashed like you see in the movies, but it certainly was not in the state I had left it in. Drawers had been pulled out, a few papers thrown around, and the refrigerator door had been left open. A closer look showed a now empty carton of milk and half my leftover pizza missing.
            “Bastards,” I muttered, slamming the door shut. Still upset about the pizza, I started to poke around the opened drawers. I doubt they had broken in just because they were hungry and now I had to figure out what they had taken. I didn’t have much in my little apartment, especially not anything valuable. I had a few pieces of pricey jewelry but none of that seemed to have been touched. 

So there's a quick taste. I'm loving writing for this character, she's so much fun!
Until next time lovelies!

Lady Unlaced

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10