Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Exploring Tarot: The Begininng

I have been thinking about doing (weekly?) posts on the Major Arcana of the tarot deck and I was wondering how many of my readers would be interested in that. Leave a comment for me with your thoughts?

I used to study tarot and practice spreads (mostly for myself) all the time, but I've gotten pretty rusty recently. Finding time to dedicate to occult studies is difficult when you're in college. But winter break is fast approaching and I figured this is the perfect opportunity to refresh my memory and share with my readers.

I have two tarot decks, but I really only use my Sharman-Caselli deck (a variation of the Rider-Waite-Smith deck) which I received as a gift from my mother. For those of you who are interested in tarot, it is an old piece of lore that it is best to use a deck that has been given to you as a gift. Now, this is not to say that you cannot go out and buy yourself your own cards -you certainly can. Once cleansed you can work on making the deck personal to you (with your energy) and I'm sure they will work just fine.

Anyways, that is the deck I use and the book I mostly stick to happens to be the little guide book that came with them by Juliet Sharman-Burke. It's a compact and easy-to-read book that I find really helpful.

I also supplement my readings with the use of my pendulum and rune stones. I can talk about those a bit in the future as well if people are interested.

So let me know your thoughts!


Lady Unlaced

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10