Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hello December (Thoughtful Thursday #2!)

It is exceptionally warm out here in Massachusetts for the first of December. Usually by now there is snow on the ground and the temperature has dropped down to thoroughly cold. But it hasn't -well, it did briefly in October; we got a huge blizzard and it was freezing out for about a week. But for the past two weeks or so the temperature has fluctuated between 40 to 65 degrees Fahrenheit. It's just weird...

And, honestly, probably not a good sign when it comes to global weather in general. I don't know much about climate change and global warming and all that, but something is not quite right.

And everyone around me is really starting to get into the holiday spirit. I love the Christmas/Yule season, don't get me wrong, but with all this warm weather it's hard to summon up some holiday cheer. I'm trying, I don't even like the cold or the snow, but I'm struggling. I'm in a tank-top today (with a cardigan over it, but still!) which makes it a little difficult to feel like breaking out the Christmas decorations.

Hopefully the holiday spirit will take root in me soon. I really do love the feeling of the Christmas season and I'd like to be able to embrace it fully rather than being thrown off by the wonky weather.


Lady Unlaced

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10