Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Yule!

Today is Yule, aka the Winter Solstice! That means, despite any snow we've previously gotten, today is the first official day of winter! I keep putting exclamation points like I'm excited -I actually really don't like winter all that much as I prefer warmer months. Buuuut, Yule is a pretty great witchy holiday with cool traditions, and is an important holiday on the wiccan Wheel of the Year. It is the shortest day of the year, but that means that after today the days will get longer -and I am so ready for some more sunlight at the end of the day. Every day will be a day closer to spring.


Me and this lady typically do a friend gift exchange on Yule like we would with our families on Christmas, and when we are feeling super ambitious we even make cookies and hold a ritual. Unfortunately, this year has been far too hectic, and due to my move (and her pending move) we have already exchanged gifts because I won't see her today. However, I am hoping to get some baking in tonight to celebrate the season!

And, of course, to celebrate (yet again) surviving the end of the world. With the amount of times people have predicted the apocalypse in the past decade or so, you'd think it wouldn't be a big deal anymore, haha. 

It is raining an awful lot though which I am not a fan of. I will be spending my Yule inside where it's warm and dry, curled up with blankets and slippers and hot coffee.

Any Yule plans (if you celebrate it) for today?

Lady Unlaced
Read More:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10