Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

The Carnival is Over


The Carnival is Over - Dead Can Dance

Outside 

The storm clouds gathering, 
Moved silently along the dusty boulevard. 
Where flowers turning crane their fragile necks 
So they can in turn 
Reach up and kiss the sky. 
They are driven by a strange desire 
Unseen by the human eye 
Someone is calling. 
I remember when you held my hand 
In the park we would play when the circus came to town. 
Look! Over here. 
Outside 
The circus gathering 
Moved silently along the rainswept boulevard. 
The procession moved on the shouting is over 
The fabulous freaks are leaving town. 
They are driven by a strange desire 
Unseen by the human eye. 
The carnival is over 
We sat and watched 
As the moon rose again 
For the very first time.

Lady Unlaced

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10