Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A New Venture Idea



I have been thinking a lot about writing and how to make money doing it. It's my first and deepest passion and I would love to build myself a career around it. The literary world is my true niche. I write for shebudgets.com, as many of you know, and that has definitely been a great addition to my writing life. It's been great experience for writing with deadlines.

But today, while sitting at my computer and surfing for online writing jobs, I had an idea! As a talented (I'm pretty sure I'm talented) writer and fourth year college student studying English, I could offer my editing services. I have edited pieces of various writings for my friends and families consistently for years, but I have never done it for a fee before. I think it's something I would like to take a shot at.

After a little bit of brainstorming, this is what I came up with:
I would post listings on Etsy that way my customers would know the payment is secure and I would be able to advertise it better. The fee would be about 15$ per piece under 20 pages. Anything longer than that could be negotiated price-wise. Anything you wanted looked over would be a possibility -school papers, cover letters, your own creative works, etc. 
I would not re-write things for you, simply make spelling and grammar edits, as well as structural and word choice suggestions. I would send back to you an edited document, with my edits in red, as well as a few notes on what could be improved, tweaked, etc. 

Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas? Advice? I want to know what people think before I go through with this venture. Any kind of feedback is appreciated.

Lady Unlaced

P.S. You can find my latest shebudgets posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10