Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy Beltane/May Day!

Today is May 1 (as many of you probably might have noticed) which means that it's Beltane! Or May Day, both terms work. What is Beltane you ask? It's a witch/pagan fertility and fire holiday that celebrates the abundance and growth of the Earth, typically celebrated with fire and the Maypole.




Unfortunately for me, it's been raining here all day. And I know rain is important and vital to the Earth -I'm thankful for it, really. But I would have liked a little sunshine to get me in the spirit. I'm hoping it will clear up a bit tonight and be warm enough that me and my best friend can go hooping outside.

I wish I had the time to put in to make this holiday really memorable. I would love to have bonfires going all night and a maypole and dancing and wine and food -but I am an overworked, poor college student. Woe is me, haha. I try the best I can though to celebrate the Earth.

If you're like me (one busy witch!) then you might enjoy this post on Beltane ideas.

Hope you've all had a lovely day thus far and that some of you got some sunshine at least! 

Lady Unlaced

2 comments:

  1. Merry Meet :) I'd really love to use this image for our Beltane publicity at https://www.facebook.com/KnowThySelf.Fal - do you know who the artist is? BB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the image on Tumblr and have never been able to track down the artist. I'm sorry >.<

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10