Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Summer 2012: Reading List

Summer is always the time I use to catch up on some serious reading. As an English Lit major in college I don't actually have much downtime to read for fun. Instead I get a stack of class reading for the semester that I get buried in for months, and by the time all my homework is complete for the day I just want to hang out with friends or go to bed.

But summer is different because despite the fact that I work and make tons of plans to see friends and go exciting places throughout the vacation from school, I still jam in tons of time to read what I want. I make a list that I tape to my wall and then add and cross things off as necessary. This year, however, I've decided to post my list online! And I've already finished one book and am well into my second. Hurrah!

This is my current read:
It's the third book in The Hollows Series by Kim Harrison. I highly recommend it to anyone into urban fantasy, which is my genre of choice hands down. I could live in that section of Barnes and Noble and be completely content. Just bring me coffee and scones periodically and I'm set for life!

Anyways.... I originally posted my list on tumblr, which you can find here.

Buuuuut, to make things even easier on myself, I revived my Goodreads account, which I then spent hours on rating books and putting things on my to-read shelf. I also made a shelf just for my summer reading list which you can check out here.

If you don't have an account on this site, I suggest you get one, especially if you're an avid reader like myself. And if you're not such a reader, you should be! Reading is important! 

Soooo, what is one everyone else's summer reading lists? Got any suggestions for me? I love fantasy/urban fantasy the most, but I'm open to just about anything!

Lady Unlaced

1 comment:

  1. Love Kim Harrison, hope The Hollows tv show doesn't suck...

    Awesome list, definitely should read Feed and Deadline cause the third and final Newsflesh book Deadline is out soon and they're all SO GOOD -- I'm not even a huge zombie person, so I feel like that's saying something. Also the new Cassie Clare book was good, pretty much all the books are good on your list - Nightworld is so cheesy and I love it so much I'm getting a themed tattoo haha, read it so many times in middle school it's ridiculous.

    Other suggestions!! Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences: Phoenix Rising by Philippa Ballantine & Tee Morris, Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake, Abandon by Meg Cabot, Cinder by Marissa Meyer, Death's Daughter by Amber Benson, The Name of The Star by Maureen Johnson, White Cat by Holly Black, Cheshire Red Reports by Cherie Priest --oh! more Parasol Protectorate if you haven't read, the last one came out semi-recently... Ok, I'll stop. XD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10