Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Julep!

I found Julep through Kaelah's blog and was immediately interested when she mentioned the word "free" paired with "nailpolish." Free nailpolish? I am totally into that. I couldn't resist.

Julep is one of those sites that has a subscription box (you become a "Maven" by signing up for it) and to determine which box you get you take a quiz to determine your style. You get to preview your box before it ships and if you don't like the contents you can skip the month. I like that there is not chance to end up with a box of colours you don't like that you paid for. Sometimes surprises are nice, but not always!

Anyways, my style profile is "It Girl" which is surprisingly accurate. I feel like style quizzes never get my look right and I am stuck with a profile that only suits my style 1/3 of the time at best. This one gets me right though. And I love the introductory box of colours they sent me (for free!)






Here's a better picture of the colours because I know mine is not the best. (I am stuck with a not-the-best phone camera unfortunately and photoshop can only work so much magic.)
Pinned Image
Unfortunately these are no longer the It Girl introductory colours. The new ones are pretty rad though and you can take a peek at them here.

The polish is really great, some of the best I own. It didn't chip at all in the first three days and even after almost of week there are only a few small chips around the edges. It covers well (I only needed one coat) and I am in love with the green colour. It reminds me of spring! I can't wait to give the other two a try.

All in all I am extremely happy with this box of goodies and I can't wait to have some extra cash to buy more colours. They have a few purpley-reds that are calling out to me.

Lady Unlaced

P.S. In case you missed it, the SHOP is back open and you can get 20% off your order with code "WELCOMEBACK" at checkout!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10