Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Coffee Shops & Art Galleries

My Saturday ended up being much more eventful than I thought it was going to be! Around noon, my other half got in touch with me and asked me if I wanted to hang out. We ended up going to Chaibo, a local coffee and tea shop down the street, with another friend of ours where we ordered lots of food and tea and played a few games of silly-scrabble.

Remnants of my lunch. I had a veggie panini, those are the veggie chips I was then munching on.

A very intense game of Scrabble.

Well, maybe not that intense, haha.

After our lovely time at Chaibo, me and Sue strolled around the city for awhile and ended up back on our college campus, laying in the grass and picking clover. I now have a bundle of it strung up in my house, drying out. And then after a quick dinner, we went to an art exhibit!

Fitchburg Artistree is a place in my city that is a center for art, music, and all things creative! It was started up by some college students who had moved into the area and are trying to turn the city into a college-town. They want to bring art and music to the forefront in a place where gang violence and sketchy people hanging outside the convenient store asking for your money is the norm. It's a pretty bold ambition and I am hoping to see the town transform a bit while I'm here.

Anyways, they have open mic nights every month and they have classes for various things (like hooping!) Last night they held their first art exhibit, filled with work by local artists and with live music by people from the area. There was free food, free wine (score! haha) and lots of friendly faces. It was definitely a successful night for them and I can't wait for the next one!




My best friend and boyfriend :) <3

Oh! And did I mention that my friend Casey (who helps run the place) wants me to showcase and sell my jewelry at their next art event!? How cool is that! I am super excited that she thought of me and wants me to be a part of what they're doing. Now I need to get to work on creating more pieces!

After the art show me, Sue, Mike, and a few friends of ours went back up to campus for some hooping and shenanigans on the quad, which was a lot of fun, like always. I was happy because I got to see my friend Collin who I haven't had a chance to see since school let out almost a month ago. He doesn't live close enough that I can just pop over and say hi anymore, so it was nice to spend some time with him. Hopefully we can do it again soon!

How was your Saturday? Was it tons of fun like mine, or a more relaxed kind of deal?

Lady Unlaced










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10