Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Netted Crystal Necklace

I have started to see these necklaces all over etsy -you know the ones I mean, with the pretty crystals and rocks held tight as a pendant in a pretty net created by yarn or thread. Well I found a great tutorial here:

I loved how easy it looked and the end result is beautiful! I decided I needed to give it a go using a pretty tangerine quartz point my other half bought for me a few months back, red cord, and a few beads. I didn't glue my crystal down but I found it stayed in place pretty well. My net didn't come out quite as even either, but it was my first try. 

Here is mine:

It may not be perfect but I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I love the way the red cord and orange stone look together. I plan on getting a few more crystals and practicing -hopefully I can add a few to the shop sometime soon.

Lady Unlaced




2 comments:

  1. Ahh! I have to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!

    http://themadcreationist.blogspot.it/

    KISSES FROM ITALY

    GIUSEPPE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10