Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sea Salt Hair Spray DIY

This is a tutorial I have been seeing a lot of in the blogsphere and I had to give  it a shot. I absolutely love the texture the sea water gives your hair -sure it gets knotted up, but it looks awesome! Maybe that's just me...

Anyways, this is a simple DIY that I originally found on The Wonder Forest that will give your hair a beachy texture (without the knots.) 

You'll Need 
Spray Bottle
2 cups warm water
2 tbsp sea salt (don't use table salt)
2 tbsp rubbing alcohol (or vodka, your choice!)
a little bit of hair gel
essential oil/coconut oil (optional)


Pour it all into your spray bottle and shake up. Done! How simple is that? And cheap -the only thing I had to buy was the spray bottle which I got for $1 at Family Dollar. 

Now that your hair spray is done, feel free to spritz your hair and bask in beachy texture. Just remember to shake well before each use. Now check out my awesome results:


Sorry for the crap-quality of that second photo, taking pictures of your own hair is hard. The only thing I recommend with this DIY is that you do use some kind of scented oil, otherwise your spray will have a bit of an alcohol-scent. It doesn't make your head smell like rubbing alcohol all day or anything, but you can definitely smell it when you use the spray.

Lady Unlaced




1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome doll! I'll have to try this sometime, me and my ocean obsession. I have some essential oils you can use a few drops of if you like too <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10