Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

New Weekly Feature: Feminist Friday

Pinned Image

I have a lot of weekly features, some which don't actually happen every week, but I try. I have Music Monday (reeaallly need to do another one of those), Tumblr Tuesday, Wordy Wednesday and Thrifty Thursday. Friday has been a big question mark for me since I started this blog last October. I wanted it to be food posts, but I don't care about food enough. Don't get me wrong, I like to eat, I just don't feel strongly enough about it to dedicate that many posts to what I shovel in my mouth.

I also thought about doing a Fashion Friday. I love clothes and I love shopping. But I don't really have a decent camera that's mine to take pictures of consistently. I'd love to do weekly outfits posts, maybe a recap of everything I've worn that week, but it's just not plausible right now.

So, where does that leave us? Just as the title says: Feminist Friday.

Oh yeah, I am definitely a feminist. Big time. I realize it's a topic that makes some people uncomfortable, but that's not why I want to feature this part of my life every week. I don't want people to be at odds with women's rights and gender equality.

Feminism

Feminism is not something to be afraid of or to tiptoe around, especially if you're a woman! It's not about man-hating and thinking that having boobs makes you better. It's about having respect and equal rights for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual preference or race. Everyone.

I am a very positive person who believes in respect and love above all else. Sounds cheesy, but it's the best way to live life. There is no need for negativity and degradation in this world. Looking down on someone for something as superficial as their gender or skin colour or orientation is ridiculous. That's what feminism is about.

So! For this new feature expect posts with feminist quotes, article, images, etc. I hope you enjoy this new part of my blog and that it gets you thinking.

Lady Unlaced

2 comments:

  1. High five, girl! Feminist power :D I agreed with everything you said about feminism, respect, and what it represents. <3

    xo, samantha
    sammyblackwood.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10