Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

DIY Weekend: Dry Shampoo & Red Wine Fudgsicles

Me and my other half had a lovely Saturday which involved shopping, a delicious lunch (courtesy of another fabulous friend of ours!) and making things. I love DIY projects and the simpler they are, the better. Our chosen projects of the day were Dry Shampoo and Red Wine Fudgsicles.

Dry shampoo is probably the easiest thing in the world to make. Don't ever buy it premade, there is absolutely no need and you'll end up spending too much money. I don't know about you, but I'm not a big fan of spending my cash on things I can make for a lot less. So instead of picking up a fancy dry shampoo, go to the grocery store and buy a box of cornstarch.

Cornstarch is really all you need, although adding crushed up herbs helps to make it smell nice. Just massage it into your hair, let sit a few minutes, and then comb out. Tada! It's like magick!

Yes, mine is in an old candle jar. A mason jar would work well, too.
We also made red wine fudgsicles, found here. And yes, they are just as delicious as they look, and they're not that hard to make! All you need is a red wine of your choice, dark chocolate chips, and milk. And of course something to put them it to freeze.

For the full tutorials, hop over to my other half's post about it.

Lady Unlaced

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10