Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wordy Wednesday: A Bit About My Writing Projects

I have been a writer since I was very young. I have been weaving stories in my head since I learned how to read and write and throughout middle and high school I completed three fantasy novels. They're all crap of course, based off of my friends and my life, but they were great practice. I have them all saved in a box, scrawled out in spiral bound notebooks that are worn from time and covered in doodles. They're terrible, but I treasure them.

Since then I have written a lot of other things and started a lot of projects. Novel writing is my one true love as a writer, although I have penned tons of (horrendous) poetry as well as a few short stories and of course fanfiction. Oh yeah, I am one of those people. My love for Harry Potter just refuses to die. 

Anyways, today for Wordy Wednesday I thought I would share some of the projects I have currently going or that are floating around in my head. I have a lot of them, but I am hoping that some day they will all come to full fruition.

First I have my urban fantasy series based off the main character, Jayde. The series doesn't have a name yet, but the first is titled Runaway and is what I have been posting mostly for Wordy Wednesday. It is what I am most diligently plugging away at for now and centers around weretigers and an illegal preternatural sex trade. Yep, I write about strange and disturbing things.
Part of  Runaway as an unfinished first draft.
Second is another urban fantasy series set in the same world as the one above. It focuses on vampire society as is told through the eyes of my main character, Ankah. It will cover a wide variety of preternatual problems (werewolves, witches, faeries, etc.) This is a project I've had in my head for a long time and has been partially written and rewritten a few times. I think I've finally got it down though and plan to re-submerge myself in it soon. 

Third is a fantasy-esque post-apocalyptic-type novel that I have a setting mapped out for but no characters and no plot. I'm working on it, haha. I really like the ideas I have for the world though and I'm hoping to make something more out of it soon. I think I want there to be a definite focus on fortune tellers and nature though, so we'll see where that takes me.

Fourth is a slightly morbid Victorian-England set short story that features an insane girl who has been locked away by her heartless parents and befriends one of the maids in charge of bringing her food. This idea has been floating around in my brain for awhile and I am thinking of incorporating a ghost as well. What can I say, I am a sucker for the paranormal and macabre.

Things that I also hope to get into writing soon include a young adult witch novel series, a historical-fiction novel centered around Louise Labe, and a futuristic meets fantasy epic novel.

I must sound crazy with all these projects and goals and I probably am. My head is always swimming with new story ideas and this is not even close to all of them. These are just the ones that I like the most and mean the most to me.

Are any of you writers? Do you have a ridiculous list like this? Or are you much more sane and only have one or two projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10