Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Warped Tour 2012 (Music Monday!)

This year marks the fourth year that I have made going to Warped Tour a part of my summer and it was just as awesome as ever. For those of you who aren't from the States and are not aware of what Warped Tour is then let me quickly explain. It's a touring musical festival run by Vans. They travel across the U.S. and set up in various cities to play. Tons of bands are on it every year with merch tents and the like. Other organizations and companies also jump in such as To Write Love On Her Arms, Skelanimals, Action for Animals, Truth, Peace Tea, etc. I'll show you all the merch I got later on this week.

The bands this year were not too bad. There have been better years but we still got to see Taking Back Sunday, Streetlight Manifesto, Lostprophets, and Ballyhoo. Other bands there included Yellowcard, Senses Fail, Polar Bear Club, and New Found Glory. Here are some not-so-great phone pictures!

Lostprophets
Streetlight Manifesto
Ballyhoo
Like I said, the pictures aren't great. And as you can see there were tons of people. The crowd for Streetlight Manifesto was insane, and the one at Taking Back Sunday was even more so. Lostprophets put on an amazing performance. Me and Mike came in just as they were playing Rooftops (great song!) and I was really surprised about how energetic the lead singer was. He was so excited and pumped up, it was great. I love when artists get like that on stage. 

The lead singer of Ballywho was even more energetic though which was really impressive because they were the last show at 8:30. Totally worth staying for -they were amazing! They have a very similar sound to early Green Day meets Sublime. I definitely recommend checking them out. I kind of wish I'd gotten one of their shirts.

As far as birthdays go, this one was pretty amazing! Yep, I turned 22 yesterday and got to spend all day at a music festival. Talk about a good time.

Today has also been pretty great actually. I've spent most of it relaxing, but it was nice to check my etsy shop today and see that I had sold two items. I know for a lot of handmade shop owners that's nothing, but I'm still a beginner and seeing that was really exciting. Thank you to everyone who reads this blog, looks at my shop, and buys my things. You have no idea how much it means to me.


P.S. Here's some Ballyhoo for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10