Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Look Into My Art Journal

I (finally) started an art journal, which I expressed interest in a little over a week ago. Since then I have collected a few things for it -markers, some stickers, stamps, etc. Nothing too fancy, just a few extra things to have to play around with. 

So anyways, this is the journal I'm using, which is actually a really nice sketchbook that my boyfriend bought for me last fall and I have been too scared to put anything in since. You know the feeling I'm talking about, that plagues you whenever you get a new journal. Well this is the sketchbook:


It just has basic sketch paper so I can't do any fancy painting on it or whatnot -or if I really wanted to I'd have to do it on different paper and add it in myself which I suppose is totally an option. I do have some acrylics and watercolours that I have been wanting to practice with more.

I didn't know how to start it off so I took some advice I ran across while exploring art journaling blogs and websites: leave the first few pages blank. There's a lot of anxiety to putting a mark on the first page and I was terrified I would somehow ruin in. So I skipped ahead a few pages and started there. I figure when I get a better handle on this art journaling thing I'll go back and add in something I see fitting.

I also didn't know what I wanted my first entry to be, so I decided to do a "Currently" page and list off things about my current moment: music, clothing, weather, that kind of thing. Mostly I just used crayons, coloured pencil, markers, highlighter and a few stickers. Take a look!



I'm aware it's not particularly pretty or eye-catching, but I'm new at this! I'm not the most artistic person, but I'm hoping this new creative venture will help me to coax out my inner artist. Or my inner-wannabe-artist.

Prompts seem to be like a good way to go for getting started on an art journal so I have been collecting those from around the web and trying to come up with some of my own. Any ideas for me? If you leave a prompt I'll be sure to post pictures of the finished product.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing from my readers and your support means a lot to me!

09 10